Om Births Instructor Certification
A comprehensive approach to teaching a safe, supportive & creative practice for expectant & new mothers
Being an Om Births Instructor means you are ready to offer the best in prenatal and postnatal yoga support. Om Births teachers have a passion for learning and exploring the birth process. They seek to empower women through yoga and holistic childbirth practices to be able to embrace, enjoy, and experience the full range of changes that accompany the childbearing year in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning how to use Yoga and other holistic techniques to assist mothers in their unique transition into motherhood. Our classes are based on a strong, active practice coupled with a light-hearted playfulness and deep mindful awareness. With an extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology, Om Births instructors are able to offer prenatal yoga at whatever level students prefer, from beginning to advanced, as well as create unique, playful, postpartum classes to help mom and baby strengthen their connection and bodies.
As an Om Births teacher you will be part of this dynamic and amazing community and have the support of many other yoga teachers who share your interest in Babies, Birth, and Motherhood.
Becoming an Om Birth Certified teacher means you have met, or surpassed the requirements outlined below.
- Module 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Om Births
- Advanced Om Births Teacher Training Modules 2 and 3
- Practicum (see below)
- Observe 8 Prenatal classes with Bec or other Om Births certified teachers
- Observe 5 Baby and me classes
- In class assists of 2 prenatal students, one-on-one
- Assist 2 Prenatal or Postnatal classes with Bec
- Teach 3 community prenatal classes and submit class plans to Bec with self-evaluation
- Teach a "final exam" class with Bec observing (Note: Bec must sign off after this class- and may ask trainees to repeat the final class if further work is needed)
Required up to date certifications
- Currently registered with YA , minimum 200 hour RYT, or can show a certification from another 200+ hour training (Bec must approve independant trainings)
- Current CPR certification
- Preparing for Birth with Yoga/ Active Birth by Janet Balaskas
- Birthing from Within by Pam England
- Spiritual Midwifery/ Birth Matters by Ina May Gaskin
- HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method by Marie F. Mongan
- Difficult Conversations by Stone, Patton & Heen
- The Wisdom of No Escape by Pema Chodron
Maintaining Om Births Certification:
- Attendance every 2 years at the Teacher's Retreat
- Continued study in a Childbirth or Mommy related topic of your choice (topics to be presented at Teacher's retreat or at additional Om Births events)