Learn How to Teach a Safe, Supportive & Creative Yoga Practice for Expectant and Postpartum Mothers
Om Births is excited to offer a 5 day immersion course blending our first and second modules for Prenatal and Postnatal Teacher Training together!
Get both certifications at once!
This training is for yoga teachers with a 200 hr certification who are interested in delving more fully into the world of prenatal and postnatal yoga. The 5 day immersion will prepare students to work with the special needs of pre and post natal students, and certify them to design and teach classes to specifically benefit prenatal and postpartum bodies. Students participating in this weekend training should expect to gain an overall comprehensive understanding of yoga during pre and postnatal periods.
The training will begin with our first module on prenatal practice covering topics such as:
- The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Appropriate postures for a prenatal yoga practice and class
- Modifications for different stages in pregnancy
- Yoga solutions to common pregnancy aches and pains.
- Meditation for both pregnancy and birth
- Pranayama for a prenatal practice
- Prenatal class components and sequencing, including discussion of how to conduct “circle time” and foster community through open communication in class
We will then continue on the module 2, delving into postpartum topics such as:
- Anatomy and physiology of postpartum period
- Physical considerations for practice following birth
- Asana modifications where necessary
- Working with birth injuries, stitches, and C-sections
- When to resume exercise, and how to ease into active activities (ie: running)
- Levels of core integration exercises and when to increase difficulty
- Games and soothing techniques to incorporate Baby into the Yoga practice.
- Ways to develop community support for mothers and families
This training completes the initial and half of the Advanced Om Births Teacher Certification. For more information click here.
All students will receive a training manual containing the above components.