It's FINALLY HERE! This third portion of our Pre/Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training is the first of it's kind in the Boston region!
In Module 3 we'll expand upon the themes in Modules 1 and 2, and delve even deeper into the methodology of teaching pre and postnatal yoga. This weekend offers numerous opportunities to refine your teaching techniques as well as your overall focus as a yoga teacher in the pre/postnatal field.
Who is this training for?
This module is appropriate for anyone who has taken the prenatal module of the Om Birth teacher training. Taken another prenatal training or have a question? Drop us a line.
The workshop will include sections on:
- How to “take your seat” as the teacher and create a nurturing and welcoming environment while still maintaining your position as guardian of safety.
- Specifics of the Om Births style and philosophy around pre and postnatal yoga practice and mindfulness throughout the childbearing year and beyond.
- Hand-on adjustments; learn specifics about physically adjusting the pregnant body. Some common do’s and don’ts as well as deepening your understanding of alignment and anatomy. Along with this will be an exploration of using props to enhance rather than just “prop up” certain postures.
- Working with specialized populations - How to sequence for students with specific prenatal challenges such as Pubis Symphysis Dysfunction, or postnatal concerns such as Diastasis recti. We’ll explore more fully the causes of these and other challenges and learn how to prevent and protect against them
- Sequencing for advanced students. Building off our discussion of special cases we’ll discuss and explore teaching more advanced postures such as deeper backbends and inversions to experienced students. Be prepared to have your own understanding of alignment in these postures challenged.
- Yoga Nidra for Pregnancy, Birth and beyond. We’ll cover the impact of relaxation on the nervous system when pregnant and the importance of relaxation during the birth process. We’ll then walk through restorative postures appropriate for pregnancy. How to stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system and practice the key restorative yoga asanas for Pregnancy, Births and Motherhood.
Cost: $450// Early bird before 8/21 $395
This weekend is designed to fully certify prenatal teachers as Om Births Prenatal Yoga teachers, in the Om Births lineage. Completion of all 3 Modules and Practicum will allow students to apply to Yoga Alliance for the RPYT designation and will also qualify you to attend the Om Births teachers retreat to be held in the Spring of 2018 (we hope!)