Om Births is excited to host this wonderful workshop with Licensed Acupuncturist Ali Vander Baan of Yintuition Wellness
This workshop is geared toward birth professionals, including midwives, doulas, OB/GYNs, nurses and all other healthcare professionals who attend births.
The workshop will guide birth professionals in proper use of acupressure techniques during pregnancy and birth.
Participants will learn:
- Research and evidence for the use of acupressure
- Acupressure for common pregnancy symptoms.
- Acupressure for breech and occiput-posterior position
- Labor induction acupressure
- Acupressure points for labor pain management and labor facilitation
- Acupressure for common postpartum conditions
These topics will be discussed followed by ample time to learn proper point location and effective stimulation of points.
Bonus: Learn and practice other techniques to help address breech presentation, nausea, insufficient lactation, and other common pregnancy, labor, and postpartum symptoms.
Ali Vander Baan L.Ac. is based in Boston’s South End, is an acupuncturist and herbalist who offers specialized care from preconception, through pregnancy and into the postpartum. Ali holds a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and completed an extensive internship in Chinese Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. She also has a Master’s Degree in Pain Management from Tufts University School of Medicine.