Learn How to Teach a Safe, Supportive & Creative Yoga Practice for Expectant Mothers
This training is for yoga teachers interested in delving into the world of pregnancy and yoga. The 20-hour immersion week-end will prepare students to work with the special needs of prenatal students, and certify them to design and teach a safe, specifically prenatal class. This is also the first in the 3 level program for the Om Births Prenatal Teacher Training.
The workshop will include sections on:
- The anatomy and physiology of Pregnancy
- Yoga’s view the pregnant body and how this model differs from the western medical model
- Historical practices in Birth and how those practices have affected the birth process.
- Myths surrounding prenatal yoga: which postures are truly contraindicated and why?
- Appropriate postures for a prenatal yoga practice and class
- Modifications for different stages in pregnancy
- Yoga solutions to common pregnancy aches and pains.
- Meditation for both pregnancy and birth
- Pranayama for a prenatal practice
- Yoga practices for childbirth preparation
- Prenatal class components and sequencing, including discussion of how to conduct “circle time” and foster community through open communication in class
- Student teaching opportunities
- Immediate post-natal yoga considerations and steps for re-introducing mom back to practice
All students will receive a training manual containing the above components as well as suggested prenatal sequences for class development.
Saturday & Sunday 11am-7pm
Training hours: 20hrs